Monday, April 15, 2013

What I dislke

What I dislike are reading stories of transitioning women to read about how far along are they on their Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), to report how much they're taking and how much it has changed them physically. I don't dislike these women.

What I dislike is that they often become almost to always passable to be privileged to live in the world as women because of the changes HRT has made and will make with them and that they don't seem to realize there are some transitioning woman who can't take HRT.

These women don't get the advantages of HRT, don't get the changes which helps them, and don't get past being themselves physically in the world looking male in a female world. It hurts, more than anyone can imagine if you're not one of these women.

These women can't take HRT because of the adverse effects far outweigh the advantages where they get more of the adverse effects with minimal dosages and little if any of the good effects. These range from excerbating physical conditions, like IBS, bleeding digestive system, crashing the metabolism and depression.

It doesn't matter if it's Spironolactone or Estradiol, both have adverse effects they can't tolerate. And that's what I dislike when other transition women express themselves openly and freely about how much HRT has helped and changed them.

I don't dislike the women who can take HRT, I'm happy for them. I only wish they'd think a little more of those who can't have their experience and understand. Sadly some don't, even being dismissive and critical of non-passing transitioning women. And that's what I dislike about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment