Monday, January 4, 2010

Please Remember

Please remember folks, the essays here are simply observations and thoughts on life from my perspective. My eyes and mind. Nothing more. And just my opinion from my knowledge, understanding and experience. As I knew then or know now. Nothing more. The essays don't necessarily mean anything beyond that, except occasionally some may have some general relevance.

While I'm not active in the LGBT community and through its organizations, far from it for personal reasons, I like to wander around a lot of areas of life looking in from the fringes and see what's there. And true that misses a lot of the details from being there, looking longer, or seeing more things, I've found most people inside aren't much different. It's being human with our own bias.

For all the words, just remember they're simply mine, open to discussion (through your comments), and always open to change when presented with good arguments, information and experience. I learn before, during and after writing, and often review and rewrite some of the essays. And I always quote the old adage you grandmother taught you.

What you don't know it or forgot it? It's the old adage, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.", to which I've always added some rules. First, if you can't express a negative in a positive way, then don't say it. If you can't add suggestions for improvement or change, then don't say it. And if you can't say it with humor, meaning, say it with glint in your eye, your tongue in your cheek, or a smile on your face, then don't say it.

So, that's it. What I write is all said with an open, light-hearted intent to think out loud, and right or wrong, no verbal pummelling allowed. The positive will stay, the negative gets trashed. And both will show me more about yourself than your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment