Thursday, March 5, 2009

Definitions

The word transpersonal, according to the Oxford American Dictionary, means, "of, denoting, or dealing with states or areas of consciousness beyond the limits of personal identity." What exactly this means, personally (ok, bad pun), I really don't have a clue. I just like the word and description, except to me the word means, "the consciousness about crossing divides of human thinking, feeling, expressions and behaviors."

It's not necessary to me what the literal definition means according to the various groups or organizations which use the term. I may use their definitions and usage, but apply it to the here and now in the context of the human experience, from my favorite tavern absorbing all the experiences of the senses sitting at a table against the window, to my photography, especially where I'm hiking in Mt. Rainier NP, just putting one foot, or really hiking boot, in front of another looking, and to my life, just going about the world in the things I do.

It's about life and the moment, and what, where, when, how and why it all fits into our existence. I'm not sure where it goes, or even if it leads anywhere. Sometimes it's just a wandering and wondering about what's around me, the like adage, "Stand in your space and know you are there.", but more so about the interactions, interconnections and interrelationships between the person, me, the world, where I'm at, the universe, and the unknown, whether a belief, faith, or in my case Taoism.

Well, that's it for an introduction, which is about as clear as a glacier fed stream flowing of Mt. Rainier, kinda' a chunky, milk chocolate drink of everything past, present and future. But then that's the beauty of it. It's open to everything and anything which my senses experience, my mind thinks, my heart feels, my soul experiences, and my spirit absorbs.

To stand and be. Nothing and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment