Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What I Hate

What I hate is having waited all my life, knowing who I am, but didn't get the chance to express, and most of all, be it. The times have changed since I was young, when I was perfect to be a girl, 5'1", 95 lbs with a 24" waist.

Then puberty kicked in late in my life and within two years I was 5'11" but still only 115 lbs with a 28" waist. But I only started to shave which could have been stopped with hormones. But then it was 1968 and the Army classified me 1-A.

And the rest is my life to date. While I love that children can now starting puberty blockers and young people can start and even finish their transition to have a life in the sex and gender they are, I hate I'll never see that chance in me.

And now, the best I can do is make the best of what I am and have, which sadly faces the reality of my existence and possibilities. Such is life, and the life we each must live.

No comments:

Post a Comment